I can’t decide if Elliot is going to miss his playmate, or be ecstatic that he will have uninterrupted toy access.
Up until today I have been excited about Oliver’s trip, for him and for us, but I am starting to feel a little panicky about him being gone for so long. We are gonna miss him so much!
I was tagged by togetbackhomeward to do this photo thang, which I think is to choose 6 photos you like of yourself. So here goes.
1. The first wedding Phil and I went to together in June of 2007. We had only been dating a few months, but already knew we were in it to win it.
2. At a Mariners game spring of 2008, and I just love this photo of us being totally silly.
3. Wedding day, August 2009. My dress didn’t fit how I wanted it to, and I wasn’t super pleased with my makeup/hair, but I love all my photos. This one is perfectly, naturally us.
4. Right after I met Oliver for the first time. After 48 hours of labor and a c-section I had to be put under for, so he had been alive for over an hour before I got to hold him. I was so out of it at the time I barely knew what was happening, but I am so glad Phil snapped this photo. I was so happy to be finally holding my giant baby boy. (October 2011)
5. Elliot was about a week old, and I fell in love with the Moby all over again. I sure do miss tiny babies that would stay snuggled for hours. (May 2013)
6. One of the first photos of me with both my boys. (July 2013)
I only have fairly new photos on this computer or I would have picked some older ones, but these are some favorites for sure.
Everyone should do this, so if you haven’t already, consider this a tag!
This Friday Oliver leaves us for a whole week to go to upstate NY with my parents. I am simultaneously excited for him to have an adventure, excited for us to have one on one time with Elliot, scared that he will be a pain or get hurt, and nervous for how much I will miss him. Needless to say we are trying to figure out some ways to keep him occupied on the plane. Anyone have experience getting movies from DVD format copied/burned onto an iPad? We really don’t want to have to buy digital copies of stuff.
Friday was a big event at work, the first I’ve done of its kind, especially at my new position. It was 11 hours of being on my feet, so I was totally wiped by the time I got home. But, Oliver had gone out crabbing with my dad that morning, and I was lucky enough to get a few for dinner. It seemed daunting at first to have to cook and clean them, but I am so glad I did. There were more than enough for Phil and I so I invited a friend over last minute to join us. She has only lived here for the past few years and had never had whole crab before! It turned into a wonderful evening, and almost made me forget about how tired I was from the week.
Elliot tested the water, then Oliver showed him the best sprinkler to go through, then he had the best time I have ever seen him have! He crawled through that one sprinkler cluster probably 50 times. Laughing and squealing the whole time!
We had a picnic at the spray park tonight, and the weather was perfect, plus the kids had a great time!